Clinical Supervision for Licensure
Lorraine Bockman is available to provide clinical supervision to LCSW and LPC licensure candidates in the State of Colorado. She is also available to provide clinical supervision to CAC and LAC candidates as well as consultation to practicing addiction counselors and other mental health professionals. She is an Approved Clinical Supervisor through the Center for Credentialing and Education and has completed over 100 hours of professional supervision in addition to over 60 hours of continuing education specifically related to clinical supervision.
Clinical supervision is an interactive process that ideally improves the quality of client care, increases the supervisee’s clinical skills, and nurtures the supervisee’s professional growth while being a supportive and educational experience. As a supervisor, Lorraine utilizes the roles of teacher, consultant, and evaluator in helping the supervisee to develop in their professional practice. Typical supervision sessions will address one or more of the following domains of clinical supervision (the four parts of the Noeticus Counselor Training and Practice Triangle):
- Administrative Effectiveness: including business skills, entrepreneurial skills, responding to inquiries, marketing and PR, managing deadlines, timely charting, accurate billing
- Clinical Skills and Theoretical Orientation: including assessment, diagnosis, interventions, theory of illness, theory of health, theory of change, role of therapist
- Professional Identity: including role congruence, professional association membership and participation, conveying positive image, demonstrating competence and confidence, contributing to the field, career vs job
- Self as Therapist: including understanding own history and experience, recognize areas of privilege and lack thereof, self awareness, personal growth, openness to feedback
Lorraine currently has spots available for both group supervision and individual supervision. Her fees are as follows:
- Group Supervision – $40/hour – 2 hours per month (limit 4 individuals per group)
- Individual Supervision – $80/hour
If you have additional questions or are interested in utilizing Lorraine for Clinical Supervision, please call 303-946-2358 or send an email for an introductory interview.